Monday 27 May 2013

Marvellous Mondays! New Orleans 2013

Hello again blog readers! 

So I want to tell you about a project I'm taking part in this summer. I go to an Ursuline School in South East England, but there are many other Ursuline School's not only in the UK but America (New Orleans) and Africa. 

This year I've been involved with a project called Ursuline Links which joins all the Ursuline schools both across the UK and New Orleans to do projects of service. The project I'm doing particularly is taking me across the pond to New Orleans to help re decorate houses destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Today myself and 2 other girls that are going to New Orleans travelled up to London for a retreat day to meet the girls who will be going to New Orleans with us and the other girls involved in the other various Ursuline Links projects throughout the summer. 

Apart from having to wake up very early on a bank holiday Monday, the weather was beautiful and I met some very lovely girls who I'm hoping to stay in touch with.

So I wanted to share with you some photo's of the retreat day:
Some of the girls going to New Orleans and Whythenshawe
With 2 of our Ursuline Sisters 
Some of the American girls and us

We had an amazing day complete with funny bonding games and even taking part in little drama's we all put together!

Oh and did I mention getting slightly sunburnt? :S 

If any of you want to know more about the New Orleans project taking place this year then click on this link and give us a like on facebook to find out about any fundraising events we are doing:

Till next time blog readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment